A Message to Our Community – July 13, 2020
July 13, 2020
A Message to Our Community
As the province of Ontario has entered Phase 2 of re-opening during the Covid-19 pandemic, we are happy to announce that starting July 13th, we will begin a gradual re-opening of our locations to be able to support clients. Face-to-face appointments will only be scheduled if essential and will follow Covid-19 screening processes.
Please note, we will continue to offer virtual and modified services as we have been over the past few months. You can continue to connect with us by calling or emailing your worker or head office at 905-693-4252.
To ensure everyone’s safety, the re-opening of our sites will be a phased-in approach and in line with the province’s re-opening plan.
At this time, all groups continue to be offered virtually until further notice.
Clients will receive program-specific information from their worker.
Your new experience at STRIDE locations
The safety and well-being of our clients and staff are our top priority. Following the guidelines put in place by Public Health, here’s what we’re doing to keep you and our staff safe:
Maintaining Physical Distancing and the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The importance of physical distancing remains in effect. We are asked to keep 2 meters (6 feet) from one another. When this is not possible, Public Health recommends the use of PPE. To support these guidelines and promote physical distancing, the following steps have been put in place:
- Access to our sites by staff and clients is being limited. We are achieving this by staggering staff work days at the office and client appointment times.
- Meeting rooms have been set up to ensure that physical distancing can be maintained.
- Signage can be found throughout the site to promote physical distancing.
- All staff have been provided with and trained in the appropriate use of PPE. Staff and clients will be required to wear PPE.
- Staff and clients are screened prior to entering the building for symptoms of COVID-19.
STRIDE has taken the following measures to meet Public Health sanitizing guidelines:
- Signs have been placed throughout our sites describing proper hand washing practices, and proper sneezing/coughing techniques to reduce spread of the virus.
- Installed multiple hand sanitizing stations.
- Areas used will be properly sanitized before and after meetings.
If you have any questions, please call:
You can continue to connect with us or book an appointment by calling or emailing your worker or head office at 905-693-4252.
We will do our best to keep you informed of our updated plans. Please continue to visit our website and social media for up-to-date information about services.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Executive Director, STRIDE