Our Pre-Employment Services are offered in both North and South Halton. This service enhances and complements the current employment services model. It focuses on assisting individuals to develop vocational and life skills that increase your employability through a variety of training workshops and additional one-on-one support. Services are geared to those interested in obtaining part-time or full-time competitive employment in the community.
The Pre-Employment Services offer individuals support and guidance to develop independent vocational goals. Staff offer assistance in preparing clients for employment through short-term groups and individualized job-readiness support.
Services are designed to enhance our existing programs and provide enhanced, time limited, pre-employment preparation services which are geared towards obtaining competitive employment.
A variety of groups and one-to-one support are offered, such as:
- Career Assessment
- Resume and Cover Letter Development
- Interview Preparation
- Job Searching Training
- Creating and Using Email
- Employability Skills Training (Communication, Time Management, Self-Care, Conflict Resolution, Workplace Etiquette, Skills Training (WHMIS, Safe Food Handling, Smart Serve, Health & Safety Training)
- Individuals can refer themselves by filling out a Referral Form and an Additional Client Information Form.
- The forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 905-875-9262
- Once a referral is received, a brief phone consultation may occur
- A STRIDE staff will call to set up an intake appointment.